Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Movies You Just Gotta See Again . . . And Again

I want to see Jesus Christ Superstar . . . again. Every couple of years I get this overwhelming urge to see that movie. It's one of those movies that I know isn't all that good, but that has wormed its way into my brain and won't leave. It has been taken up by my neurons and will forever be a part of my cellular composition. I suppose everyone has a list of these films. Here are mine: Joe Versus the Volcano, The Doors, Strictly Ballroom, To Sir With Love, Excalibur, Bye Bye Birdie. There are probably more.

I notice that, with the exception of Excalibur, there are the common threads of music and bright colors. This may shed some light on my tolerance for children's television, as well as my years of Rocky Horror attendance. What can I say? I have simple tastes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home